September '26
My mom picked this painting for the calendar. She also picked the lyrics.
I don't know about you, but for me it is incredibly timely.
The chaos of the flowers pairs well with the stillness of the words.
The world is full of chaos. You don't even have to watch the news to know that - just open up a social media platform. Sometimes the chaos isn't on the news, but in our own hearts or within our homes.
The chaos has hit close to home for me this past month. It's still chaotic and honestly I'm just really tired. Yet, we have the assurance of Jesus. He is our reality. The dictionary defines assurance this way: guaranteed, certain to happen, or showing self-confidence.
I love that this is the calendar right now, because no matter what happens - Jesus is our firm foundation. In the midst of chaos, He is steady. He never wavers. He never falters. Jesus never gets overwhelmed. My relationship with Jesus feels "rocky" right now. There is so much going on in our house and I'm overwhelmed. I don't have any great encouragement or comforting words, because quite frankly I'm struggling with them myself. But praise God for His word that is living and active! I hope these verses and hymn are an encouragement to you.
Philippians 3:13-14 "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Matthew 14:25-27 “Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake... ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’”
Philippians 1:6 “...he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Psalm 139:1-2 “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise...”
John 16:33 – “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Comments
Post a Comment
If you're comfortable, please leave your name with your comment :)