FEBRUARY '24

 

For my Nana, 

flowers always remind me of your beauty & perseverance.  
No matter what the enemy seems to throw your way, you keep standing.  You keep fighting.
Thank you for loving your family so well.
And for keeping us rolling with laughs ;)


 Jesus was sitting with His disciples at the Passover the night He would be betrayed.  After Judas leaves the meal to betray Him, this is what Jesus says:

“...Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him.  If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once.  Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’ A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” - John 13:31-35

Love is what sets us apart- love is how the world will know we are His disciples.

I can't speak any word better than the word of scripture that is living and active.  Therefore, this month's post is going to be a bit different than normal.  I hope you take the time to soak in each passage.

Before you start, pause for a moment.  
Pray and ask the Spirit to speak whatever it is He wants you to hear.

 Matthew 22:34-40

Matthew 5:43-48

1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1 John 4:7-21

What stands out to you?
What do these verses show you about God's character?
What does it show you about yourself? or your neighbor?

1 Corinthians 13 is what I think of as the "love passage" in scripture.  But really the whole canon of scripture is a love passage.  A friend pointed out to me once that every time scripture describes love it is describing God, because God is love.  Therefore,

God is patient.
God is kind.
God does not envy.
God is not prideful.
God is not arrogant.
God is not rude.
God does not force Himself on us.
God is not irritable.
God is not resentful.
God does not rejoice at wrongdoing.
God rejoices at truth.
God bears all things...
God endures all things.
God never fails.


You and I are both loved so intimately and perfectly that it is beyond our comprehension.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  -John 3:16

That is true for the whole world- every tribe, tongue, nation, and people.  It is also true for you as an individual.  He loves you and died for you.

For God so loved [your name] that He gave His one and only Son, that if [your name] believes in Him, [he/she] shall not perish but have eternal life.
 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this powerful devotion from God's heart to yours through Scripture, and then from your heart to our hearts through this devotion. I just worshipped the Lord reading the Scriptures, listening to the song, and your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these thoughts. God is love and he demonstrates how to love for us. I pray we all will focus on Jesus and how He loves us beyond what we can comprehend. Thank you Jesus for giving us a glimpse into what remains abs that is love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DECEMBER

Huntsville Hospital Project

APRIL '24